We understand that orthodontic appointments can sometimes interfere with work, school and extracurricular activities. Although it is our goal to accommodate everyone's appointment requests, we may not be able to schedule each appointment during your preferred time. Therefore, we have established the following policies to ensure that your orthodontic treatment progresses as efficiently and conveniently as possible.
- Longer appointments are scheduled between 8 a.m. and 2:30 p.m.
- Shorter appointments are available in the late afternoon and throughout the day.
- After-school appointments that are broken are rescheduled during school hours.
- All patients receive an automated phone call to remind them of each appointment.
- It is the patient's responsibility to reschedule missed appointments as soon as possible.
- Emergency appointment times are available on a first come basis (patients are usually seen within 24 hours.)
- A team member is on call after business hours and on weekends for emergency purposes.
Longer appointments may involve fitting bands, delivering appliances, placing braces or removing braces. We schedule these longer appointments in the morning and early afternoon. This allows us to accommodate you with a higher quantity of shorter appointments in the late afternoon.
Shorter appointments may involve placing separators, taking an impression, checking an appliance or adjusting a retainer. By scheduling efficiently, we are able to satisfy as many patients as possible with an after school or work appointment for these shorter procedures.
These brief appointments encompass the majority of your visits with us and provide the technical adjustments needed to move your teeth. Our trained clinical team performs many of these technical procedures according to Dr. Chuck's specific planning and guidance. Even though these appointments may occur during school or work hours, they are critical to your overall treatment. We are happy to provide you with a written excuse to avoid an unexcused absence from school or work.
Late Arrivals and Rescheduling
While every appointment is vital to the success of your treatment, we understand that certain circumstances may cause you to change or overlook an appointment. Missed appointments may extend your treatment. If you are unable to keep an appointment, please call us as soon as possible to reschedule. We will offer you the first available appointment. Remember, after school or work appointments that are broken will be rescheduled during school or work hours.
Each procedure takes a specified period of time. If you arrive late, we will do our best to uphold your appointment, although we may not be able to complete all of the work in the time allowed. If you will be arriving late, please call our office so that we can make appropriate arrangements. At times, it may be necessary to reschedule an appointment.